Coachella is a wonderful city situated in the Riverside County, California. It is the easternmost city present in the Coachella Valley. This city is 28 miles from the East of Palm Springs and 80 miles from Riverside. According to 2019 census, around 45,800 people currently reside here. When it was first incorporated back in 1940s, it had less than 1000 residents. Also know as the "City of Eternal Sunshine", Coachella is one of the fastest developing city in the Coachella Valley. It's community is based on rural agriculture.
Things to Do - there are plenty of things you can do when you are in Coachella. There are many museums, outdoor activities, state parks, and party places you can head to. Take a look at these top things to do in Coachella -
- You can visit the Living Desert Zoo and explore the rich flora and fauna of this place. There are more than 1400 species of animals and birds that are kept in this sanctuary. From Giraffes to hedgehogs, you can find all such kinds of animals inside the zoo. There is also a well-maintained botanical garden.
- Take your child to the Children's Discovery Museum for a fun time. The large exhibit areas are packed with wide range of art, scientific and historical artifacts that tells you a lot about the history of Coachella. Don't forget to check out the Discovery Garden which is also home to a tortoise habitat within it's premise.
- If you want to explore the vast terrain of the Colorado Valley, then head straight to the Joshua Tree National Park and opt for a jeep safari. It will take you to some really beautiful tourist points from where you can witness the ravishing landscape.
- Visit the Desert Distilling distillery and witness how different kinds of alcohol is made. It also offers you the great opportunity to taste and check out their in-house spirits, but only if you are more than 21 years of age. You can buy some brilliant spirit at cheap price.
Places To Eat - once you are back at the hotel and craving for some delicious food, there are many restaurants you can head to in Coachella. Here are the top places to eat when hungry -
- Head to the Jalisco Restaurant if you are craving for some delicious Mexican food. Their tacos and falafels are really worth the money. Their Mexican desserts are also crazy good.
- For some delicious and spicy Chinese food, you can visit the Ha Ha Chinese Restaurant. Their wide range of ramen and chicken items are to die for. You can also try out their Chinese drinks.
Famous Landmarks - if you are wondering about the famous landmarks in Coachella, then there are few names that are common. Like the Children's Discovery Museum, Spotlight 29 Casino, Fantasy Spring Resort, etc. You can also head to these Coachella Zip Codes and discover new things to do - 92203 and 92236.