A scenic and beautiful resort city, La Quinta is under the Riverside County jurisdiction. It is specifically situated in between the towns of Indio and Indian Wells. The population of this city was around 37,000 in 2010. According to the 2019 census, it has grown to 41,000+. The development and growth of the nearby towns have lead to massive changes in La Quinta. It is now one of the leading golf destination in the United States. The city is prominent for it's luxurious makeover and scenic landscapes. A lot of tourists and golf enthusiasts travel here to enjoy a week or two amidst peace and fun.
Things To Do - with more than 20 golf courses, luxury spas, casinos, orchards and vineyards, you probably be bored in La Quinta. Here are the top things to do when you are here -
- Head over to the Old Town La Quinta which is an outdoor shopping area that is designed in the 1997 California Renaissance style. The beautiful street is lined by several shops, boutiques, antique stores and eateries. Visit here in the evening and get awestruck by the amazing vibe this places gives out.
- The La Quinta Museum was opened in 2008 and since then it is a popular name in this town now. Spread over 9,000-square-foot area, the building is of Spanish colonial architecture. The galleries and exhibit areas are filled with hundreds of artifacts that tell you about local and American history.
- If you want to participate in different sports or just bathe under the bright sun, then the Lake Cahuilla Recreation Area is your best bet. People come here to do swimming, horse riding, fishing and hiking in the nearby trails. There are more than 150 camping sites present here. It is the perfect place to spend the day with your family.
Places To Eat - here are the top places where you would want to eat in La Quinta -
- Morgan’s in the Desert is a popular place to go for a date with your loved ones. The restaurant is decked up in Hacienda style and their Smoking Cocktail is the most famous drink.
- Cork & Fork is a must visit if you want to eat delicious Thai shrimp cakes and crispy Brussels sprouts. The interiors are very unique and the ambience is just perfect for you to enjoy.
- For seafood lovers, Lavender Bistro is the best place to get high quality seafood dishes. The outdoor sitting arrangement and fairy lights just bring a fantastic vibe to the entire premise.
- Mélange offers the most beautiful view of the town and natural surroundings. Their pizzas and Chicken Picatta are the best items you can enjoy here with wine, while witnessing the sun set.
Famous landmarks - there are several landmarks in La Quinta and some of them are - Old Town La Quinta, City Hall, and St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church. Don't forget to check out the La Quinta zip codes of 92210 92247, 92248, and also 92253.